2021-2022 Akagera National Park Prices
2021-2022 Akagera National Park Prices: The entry costs to Rwanda’s Akagera National Area are quite reasonable and pocket-friendly for any people that visit the park. The park’s entry costs fluctuate every five years, affecting visitors of all ages.
Visitors aged 13 and above are considered adults, while those aged 12 and under are considered minors. Children under the age of five are not charged an entrance fee to the national park.
The admission fee to Akagera Park is paid per person/per vehicle, per day. These park admission fees are established for three sorts of visitors: international tourists, Rwandan/EAC citizens, and Rwandan/EAC residents. The following are the 2021-2022 Akagera National Park Prices:
Akagera National Park Entry Fees/ Self-drive permit
|Entry Fee/Self-drive permit||1 Day/Night||2 Nights||3 Nights|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizen 6-12 Years||11||10,000||16||15,000||21||20,000|
|Rwandan/EAC Resident 6-12 Years||30||45||60|
|International Visitor 6-12 Years||50||75||100|
Children aged 5 years and below do not pay entry fees when visiting Akagera National Park thus 2021-2022 Akagera National Park Prices.
Entry fees are not charged beyond 3 nights for up to one week.
|Vehicle Entry Fees||Vehicle/ Minibus(Rwandan/EAC registered)||10|
|Omnibus/bus/overlander (Rwandan/EAC registered)||20|
|Vehicle/Minibus (Foreign registered)||40|
|Omnibus/bus/overlander (Foreign registered)||100|
|Guides(Park and Community Freelance)||Details||USD|
|Guide for self-drive game drive||Per guide (Half Day)||25|
|Per guide (Full Day)||40|
|Adults 13+||Children 6-12|
|Night Game Drive (Operated by AMC)||PP/2.5hrs/ vehicle, driver, guide/min. 2/max 7 persons||40||25|
|Fishing||Pp per day (own equipment)||25||15|
|Boat Cruise-Scheduled (day)||Price pp/ 1hr/ max. 11 persons||35||20|
|Boat Cruise- Scheduled Sunset||Price pp/1 hr/max. 11 persons||45||30|
|Boat Cruise- Private, non-scheduled||Per boat/ 1 hr/ max. 11 persons||180|
|Camping||Price per person/ night||25||15|
|Behind the scenes tour
|Price pp/min 4 persons/ 1½hrs||25||15|
|Group rate for 8+ persons/1½hrs||180|
|Game Drive Day (AMC Operated)
|½ day max. 5hrs/vehicle, driver, guide/max.7 persons||180|
|Full day /vehicle, driver,guide/max.7 persons||280|
|Walk the Line||7km walk along the fence/ min.3 approximately 2 hours||30||20|
|Community Cultural Experiences||Various activities offered/ half day/ min.3 persons||30||20|
|Tent hire||Per 6 persons (3mx3m) canvas tent (south sites)||20|
|Recovery Fee||Breakdown or assistance from the park||70|
|Recovery Fees Coasters||Breakdown or assistance from the park||150|
|Fines||For breaking any park rules & regulations||150|
|Landing fee||Per landing within the park||50|
|Research fee||Contact park management prior to any research||200|
|Ranger assistance fee||For researchers/per day/ terms & conditions apply||25|
|Commercial filming/photography||Per day. Contact the park for all filming queres||300|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizen||Single pass||95,000|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizens||Couples pass||150,000|
|Rwandan/EAC Citizens||Family pass||205,000|
|Rwandan/ EAC Resident||Single pass||300|
|Rwandan/EAC Residents||Couples pass||500|
|Rwandan/EAC Residents||Family pass||700|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE
- Guides picked up from the park reception before 9am and returned to the same reception within 5 hours will be considered as ½ day activities. Guides picked up from the reception after 9am will be charged for a full day, unless the guide is returned before 12 midday. Guides picked up after midday will be charged for a half day. Guides picked up at the reception and travelling with guests through the park, exiting from the north, will be charged for full day, regardless of the time taken. If you wish to exit from the north with a guide, please drop the guide off at Kayonza, they will then catch public transport back to park (transport fees will be covered by the park guides). If you cannot drop the guide at Kayonza, please cover their transport fee from the north gate to Kayonza, this does not exceed 5,000 RWF. If a guide is requested to accompany a visitor to Karenge Bush Camp overnight, an additional fee of 20,000 RWF is applied for the guides accommodation and food at Karenge.
- The Entry fee inclusive of a self-drive game viewing is payable by all day visitors, per night for overnight visitors staying inside the park. The fee reduces by 50% for the second and third nights and then free for any subsequent nights for up to one week. E.g. For 1 night in the park (and the 2 days either side) the fee is payable once and for 2 nights it is payable twice, with the second night reduced by 50%. Visitors staying outside the park are considered day visitors and will be required to pay the entry fee for each day they enter the park.
- Children 5 and under are free of charge, no entry fee or activities fees apply. Activity fees rates for children are applicable for 6-12 years old. 13 year olds and above pay adult rates for entry fees and activities in the Akagera national park in Rwanda.
- Residency status must be verified with documentation, international visitor fees may be charged.
- Group of Rwandan Nationals of more than 20 people automatically receive a group discount of 20% off the normal entry fee price; 12,000 RWF for adults and 8,000 RWF for children.
- Boat trips in Akagera national park are scheduled at the following times; 7:30-8:30 am, 9:00-10:00am, 3:00-4:00pm and 4:30-6:00pm (sunset trip).