4 days Akagera with Behind the scenes and culture
4 days Akagera with Behind the scenes and culture is an amazing Rwanda Wildlife safari tour where travelers get a chance to learn about Rwanda’s Culture.
Highlights of the 4 days Akagera Safari
- Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Akagera national park
- Day 2: Full day game drive
- Day 3: Behind the scenes tour and cultural visit
- Day 4: Transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Akagera national park
- Transfer to Akagera: You will be met as early as 7 am at your agreed pick up place in Kigali that is a hotel or at the airport by your driver guide from our office and embark on your drive to Akagera National park northwards. This is about a 2 hour drive from Kigali.
- Arrival & Boat Cruise: You will arrive in time for check-in into your accommodation and after connecting for the afternoon boat ride on Lake Ihema. This boat ride gives a great birding point also get to see the aquatic life of Akagera national park like the hippos, crocodiles as they enjoy the waters of the lake Ihema. This boat trip lasts 2 hours and sets off at scheduled times. Return to your accommodation to end the day with a sumptuous dinner.
Day 2: Full day game drive
- Game Drive: On this morning, you will get up ready to enjoy a full day in the park on the wheels, have breakfast and grab your packed lunches and meet with your driver-guide for the day. Akagera national park has several trails where you get to encounter the wildlife of this park like the rhinos, elephants, lions, and giraffes. Break off for a lunch break as you cool off. Switch sectors for the afternoon game drive to catch some of the animals you may have missed earlier. Connect back to your lodge before the sunsets and reminisce on the day’s experience.
Day 3: Behind the scenes tour and cultural visit
- Behind the scenes tour: Wake up for quite an interesting day to take on the Behind the Scenes tour that is offered in this park. This gives the visitors of Akagera a chance to get a deeper and detailed understanding of the works going on along with the conservation efforts and some of the future plans the park has. Connect back to your accommodation to have lunch.
- Cultural Visit: The Akagera national park also offers a cultural tour experience for its visitors which you may take on after your lunch t at the lodge if you are interested and are still feeling energetic. Get back to your accommodation before nightfall. Dinner and the overnight will be at the hotel as night before or you could change according to your interests.
Day 4: Transfer back to Kigali
- Return to Kigali: Get ready and grab a cup of coffee. Meet your driver-guide for a brief game drive as you exit the park and on a good day, you may get a chance to see more of the animals of the park saying you couldn’t get enough or missed them the previous days in Akagera National park. Reach Kigali and be dropped off at your agreed point of drop off in Kigali. If time is on your side, you can pass by the Gisozi Genocide Memorial Grounds and the Kimironko market for a bargain on some of the local products.
End of the 4 days Akagera with Behind the scenes and culture
See also: 3 Days Akagera National Park Safari