Facts About Rhinos in Akagera National Park : The rhinos in Akagera national park are among the re- introduced mammal species that can be seen when you participate in the different tourism activities in Akagera national park for a rewarding safari experience.
It should be noted that during the Rwanda genocide, a number of species in the park are killed including the rhinos which wiped out their numbers in the park however with the partnership wit the African parks an organization that is focused to ensure that their is sustainable tourism focused at ensuring that there is the creation of awareness of the species in the wild through tourism as they also protect their numbers for future generations, Facts About Rhinos in Akagera National Park .
When you visit the park and participate in a number of activities in the park like the game drives in Akagera national park, you will have the opportunity to observe the rhinos grazing within the plains, you will also have the chance to watch them during the boat cruise on Lake Ihema or when you participate in Rhino tracking in Akagera National park. When you watch the rhinos in Akagera national park, you will get to observe a number of rewarding features of the rhinos and below, you will get to observe a number of facts of the rhinos in the wild for a memorable safari experience and these can be seen when you participate in the different activities and these include;
- The adult rhinos in the can poop about 20 kilograms of dung in a day this is because of their diet. It should be noted that the rhinos spend 70% of their day eating this is among the main reasons why they poop defecate a lot. It should be noted that the different rhino groups thy have a place where they dump their faeces which is called a midden and at this place, adult males are able to identify the species that are ready to mate with each other by sniffing the waste which is quite fascinating to watch.
- When are female rhino conceives, their pregnancies last 15-16 months to give birth to the young ones. The rhino while it gives birth the young one can be around 50 kilograms making it one of the heaviest young ones that are produced.
- Another interesting fact about the rhinos is the fact that they have poor sight however they have perfect hearing.
- The black and white rhinos are actually grey
- The horns of the rhinos consist of the same material as that of the finger nails. The horns continue growing during their lifetime and can grow 7 centimeters every year and can grow up to 150 meters long, Facts About Rhinos in Akagera National Park .
Aside from rhino tracking in Akagera national park, there are a number of other activities that you can participate in for a memorable wildlife safaris in Rwanda and the different activities that can be seen in the park include;
The boat cruise on lake Ihema which will give you the chance to observe a number of rewarding attractions in the park for a memorable safari experience. Among the different attractions that can be seen include; the water birds like the king fisher that can be seen catching their prey in the park, you will watch a herbivores like the elephants quenching their thirst from the banks, you will also get to observe a number of buffaloes and other rewarding attractions to make your safari experience quite memorable. You can also participate in the night game drives in Akagera, the behind the scenes tour or walk the line safari tour for a memorable safari experience in the park.
Book with us for an amazing Akagera national park safari they rhinos in the wild and more attractions.