TOURIST COVID-19 TESTING AT ENTEBBE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Tourist Covid-19 Testing At Entebbe International Airport : Uganda is among the African countries that have fought had to avoid the spread of corona virus/ covid-19 among the locals. There are a number of tourists that visit Uganda to take part in a number of activities like gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park, chimpanzee trekking in Kibale national park, cultural tours in Uganda where they can visit a number of sites like the Kasubi tombs, amabere caves, other activities like game drives in Murchison falls national park and many activities where you will visit and see a number of attractions as you all visit the different national parks in Uganda among other attractions in the park that will make your Uganda safari quite rewarding.
However with the second wave of covid-19 in Uganda, there has been a number of increase in the number of covid-19 cases and with the new variants around the world, the president of Uganda put the country under a 42 days lockdown to avoid the spread of the virus among the communities but with the lockdown, tourists from outside Uganda are allowed to take part in a number of tourism activities in the country however there have been a number of covid-19 safety measures that they should follow to ensure that they are safe from spreading and contracting the virus and other variants in Uganda and recently the government of Uganda introduced covid-19 testing for tourists that land at Entebbe international airport to avoid the spread of the virus and to prevent the increase in the number of covid-19 cases.
Covid-19 testing at Entebbe international
For tourists that land at Entebbe international airport, there are a number of steps that should be followed to ensure that you have an amazing experience in the country and to ensure that you are safe from covid-19.
- Before you travel to Uganda to take part in a number of activities that the country that has to follow, you should apply for, pay and print your passenger locator slip which includes the passenger details, their travel details, the destinations that they will get to, their accommodation details and the different that will help health officials to locate you in case you get in contact or exposed to covid-19.
- When you arrive at Entebbe international airport, you will clear with customs and proceed to the port health desk where you will present the necessary documents.
- You will present your passenger locator slip/ form at the tourists help desk for verification
- After the verification of the passenger locator slip you will meet your safari guide/ driver who will transfer you to the testing centre where you will participate in a pcr covid-19 test.
- At the covid-19 testing centre, you will participate in the test where a taken from the back of your throat and the nose that will help to determine whether the tourist has covid or not.