TRAVEL GUIDE FOR RWANDA DURING COVID-19
Travel Guide For Rwanda During Covid-19 : Rwanda has been successful in a number of safety precaution and measures to ensure that covid-19 is wiped out from the republic of Rwanda so as to ensure that everyone in the country is protected against virus and for tourists to have a safe experience while in the country. for tourists interested in having an amazing experience in Rwanda during covid-19 then they should follow this travel guide to help them understand the rules and regulations to follow during your Rwanda safari. It should be noted that a number of tourists that visit Rwanda to take part in a number of activities like hiking the virunga mountains in Rwanda, golden monkey trekking in volcanoes national park visiting and understand a number of local communities in the country like the Ibyiwacu community, Kitabi community when you visit Nyungwe national park, chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe national park, birding in Rwanda among other rewarding activities but with the ongoing covid-19 pandemic, tourists should put in mind a number of measures to avoid the spread of covid-19 as you have an amazing experience during your Rwanda safari.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
- For tourists interested in visiting Rwanda to take part in a number of activities in the country to ensure that you have an amazing experience in the park then you should consider taking a covid-19 PCR test which is the only mandatory and accepted covid-19 test that tourists should take 120 hours before they access the public of Rwanda to ensure that tourists have a safe experience in the country and also avoid the spread of the virus to the tourists and the locals during the safari.
- While taking part in the different activities in the country during your safari, it is mandatory for tourists to consider putting on their facemasks at all times to avoid the spread of the virus among the locals and the tourists that take part in the activities.
- During the different activities like the boat cruise on lake Ihema, gorilla trekking in Rwanda, hiking the virunga mountains among other different tourism activities so as to avoid the spread of the virus among one another and also the primates like the chimpanzees, mountain gorillas that are vulnerable species whose sustainability can be threatened by the virus.
- Tourists should ensure that they are keep their hands clean and avoid touching different surfaces and if they do they should consider using a hand sanitizer that you should use to clean the surfaces you get in contact with to avoid the easy spread of the virus this is because the virus can live on surfaces for more than 12 hours which makes it easy to be spread among one another.
- For tourists that have recovered from the virus, they should present their recovery documents to ensure that you are given the opportunity to take part in a number of activities in Rwanda to avoid missing out on a number of activities in the country this is because the virus in some patients can remain detectable even months after diagnosis therefore you should consider presenting your recovery documents in order to take part in the activity.
- Tourists should also follow all the rules and regulations to follow during the different activities in Rwanda at the different destinations and when you reach at the Kigali international airport, you should allow the medical personnel/ trained staff to take your temperature reading to check for any temperature abnormalities that can be a sign of covid-19 and in case a number of other signs are observed within the tourists then isolation will be done to ensure that tourists are protected against the virus.