3 Days Akagera Wildlife Safari
3 Days Akagera Wildlife Safari is a short but fun-packed safari tour where travelers get a chance to be part of the wildlife experiences in the park. This tour begins and ends in Kigali City, Rwanda’s capital. Highlights of this tour include Boat cruise on Lake Ihema, Wildlife viewing, and Cultural tour/ Community visit.
Summary of the 3 Days Akagera Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and Transfer to Akagera National Park.
- Day 2: Morning game drive and Evening Boat Cruise.
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali.
Detailed Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and Transfer to Akagera National Park.
- Pick Up & Transfer to Akagera National Park: Today marks the beginning of your 3 days safari with us. You will be picked from Kigali airport by your guide, upon your arrival. You will then proceed with your journey to Akagera National Park, which is about a 2½ hours’ drive to the national park. Akagera national park is a medley of wonders in Rwanda. It is also the only national park in the country where you can get to see the Big Five. This national park was first established in 1934 and covers an area of 1,122km². The park is richly blessed with a variety of wildlife species such as; giraffes, buffaloes, hippos, elephants, rhinos, lions, leopards, antelopes, impalas, topi, serval and so many more. Akagera national park is home to over 500 bird species, thus making it a great destination for bird watching activities in Rwanda. There are about 10 lakes in Akagera national park, with the most popular ones being Lake Ihema for boat cruises and Lake Shakani on which a lot of fishing activities and tournaments take place.
- Game Drive: On arrival at Akagera national park, you will proceed to go on an afternoon game drive, which usually takes between 1-2 hours. While on your game drive, look out for wildlife animals like; hyenas, jackals, zebras, waterbuck, duikers and elephants among others. Later drive to your lodge, check-in, freshen up and have your dinner before retiring to bed.
- Accommodation Options: Luxury: Akagera Game Lodge, Mid-range: Akagera Game Lodge, and Budget: Magashi Safari Camp.
Day 2: Morning Game drive and Evening Boat Cruise.
- Morning Game Drive: Have your breakfast early in the morning and head out for a morning game drive. Get to explore the beautiful savanna and landscape in the park. You will also have the opportunity to see wildlife animals in the park like; elephants, buffalos, lions, leopards, rhinos, waterbucks to mention but a few. You will return back to your lodge for lunch, rest for a short while and later embark on an evening boat cruise on Lake Ihema. While on your boat cruise, you will get to see the splendid wildlife at the park like; Nile Crocodiles, Hippos and some water birds like; the marabou stork, herons, and the African fish eagle. After your boat cruise, you can opt to go guided nature walk and explore the marvelous flora and fauna species that Akagera National Park has to offer. Return back to your lodge for dinner and a good night’s sleep.
Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali.
- Return to Kigali: Today marks the end of your 3 day tour with us. Hope that you have had lots of fun for the most part of your tour. Have your breakfast at leisure and later check out of your Lodge.
- Kigali City Tour: Head out for a half day tour of Kigali City, depending on when your flight back home departs. While on your Kigali city tour, you can visit places like the Kigali genocide memorial center, camp Kigali, house of Richard Kandt, Nyamirambo Women’s Center, Caplaki craft village and Kimironko market; where you can grab yourself and your loved ones back home some souvenirs. Later your safari guide will drop you off at Kigali International Airport or your hotel.
End of 3 Days Akagera Wildlife Safari
This tour is inclusive of;
- Airport pick up and drop off.
- Park entrance fees and activities.
- Meals as per your itinerary
- Bottled water during your safari.
This tour excludes of;
- All expenses of personal nature.
- Rwanda visa
- Flight tickets