3 Days Akagera Tour
3 Days Akagera Tour is a short Rwanda Safari tour that will give you the safari experience of your life in Rwanda as you explore the park.
Highlights of the 3 Days Akagera Tour
- Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Akagera national park
- Day 2: Full day game drive
- Day 3: Cultural visit and back to Kigali
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Akagera national park
- Transfer to Akagera National Park: You will be met as early as 7 am at your agreed pick up place in Kigali that is a hotel or at the airport by your driver guide from our office and embark on your drive to Akagera National park northwards. This is about a 2-hour drive from Kigali.
- Boat Cruise: You will arrive in time for check-in into your accommodation and after connect for the afternoon boat ride on Lake Ihema. This boat ride gives a great birding point also get to see the aquatic life of Akagera national park like the hippos, crocodiles as they enjoy the waters of the lake Ihema. This boat trip lasts 2 hours and sets off at scheduled times. Return to your accommodation to end the day with a sumptuous dinner.
Day 2: Full day game drive
- Full day game drive: On this morning, you will get up ready to enjoy a full day in the park on the wheels, have breakfast and grab your packed lunches and meet with your driver-guide for the day. Akagera national park has several trails where you get to encounter the wildlife of this park like the rhinos, elephants, lions, and giraffes. Break off for a lunch break as you cool off. Switch sectors for the afternoon game drive to catch some of the animals you may have missed earlier. Connect back to your lodge before the sunsets and reminisce on the day’s experience.
Day 3: Cultural visit and back to Kigali
- Cultural Tour & Departure: The Akagera national park offers a cultural tour experience for its visitors which you may take on after your breakfast at the lodge before you set off to Kigali if you are interested. You will then exit the park and on a good day, you may get a chance to see more of the animals of the park saying you couldn’t get enough or missed them the previous days in Akagera National park. Reach Kigali and be dropped off at your agreed point of drop off in Kigali. If time is on your side, you can pass by the Gisozi Genocide Memorial Grounds and the Kimironko market for a bargain on some of the local products.
End of the 3 Days Akagera Tour
See also: 3 Days Akagera With Walk Line