3 Days Akagera National Park Safari
Highlights of the 3 Days Akagera National Park Safari
- Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Akagera national park.
- Day 2: Half day game drive and Ihema boat ride
- Day 3: Cultural visit and back to Kigali
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Akagera national park.
- Transfer to Akagera: You will be met at your agreed pick up place and time in Kigali City hat is a hotel or at the airport by your driver guide from our office. You will have a Rwanda city tour visiting the Museum, conference center and the Kimironko market to buy some of the local produce also give you a chance to interact with the Rwandan people. Have lunch in Kigali and set off northwards of Rwanda to Akagera National park. This is about a 2 hour drive from Kigali. You will arrive in time for check in to your lodge to relax and prepare for the next day in the park.
Day 2: Half day game drive and Ihema boat ride
- Game Drive experience: On this morning, you will get up ready to enjoy a morning day in the park on the wheels, have breakfast and meet with your driver-guide for the experience. Akagera national park has several trails where you get to encounter the wildlife of this park like the rhinos, elephants, lions, and giraffes. The half-day game drive lasts about 5 hours. Find your way back to your accommodation for lunch.
- Boat Ride: After lunch, take on the evening boat ride on Lake Ihema. This boat ride gives a great birding point also get to see the aquatic life of Akagera national park like the hippos, crocodiles as they enjoy the waters of the lake Ihema. This boat trip lasts 2 hours and sets off at scheduled times. Return to your accommodation to end the day with a sumptuous dinner and reminisce on the day’s experience.
Day 3: Cultural visit and back to Kigali
- Cultural Tours: The Akagera national park offers a cultural tour experience for its visitors which you may take on after your breakfast at the lodge before you set off to Kigali if you are interested. You will then exit the park and on a good day, you may get a chance to see more of the animals of the park saying you couldn’t get enough or missed them the previous days in Akagera National park. Reach Kigali and be dropped off at your agreed point of drop off in Kigali. If time is on your side, you can pass by the Gisozi Genocide Memorial Grounds and the Kimironko market for a bargain on some of the local products.
End of the 3 Days Akagera National Park Safari
See also: 3 Days Akagera Wildlife Safari