The boat safaris in Uganda will give you the chance to have relaxing adventure participating the boat cruise as you also enjoy watching a number of rewarding wildlife attractions and views in the different destinations where you will participate in the boat safaris in Uganda. Uganda has been known for a number of attractions and activities like gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park and gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park, chimpanzee trekking in kibale national park, rhino tracking in Uganda, chimpanzee habituation in Uganda and many other rewarding tourism activities in Uganda. With the boat safaris in Uganda you will also have a number of memorable safaris as you get to see the different attractions and views for rewarding Uganda safaris. some of the notable boat safaris in Uganda include;
The boat cruise in Queen Elizabeth national park
There are a number of activities that tourist can take part in when they visit queen Elizabeth national park like lion tracking in Uganda, game drives in queen Elizabeth national park, chimpanzee trekking in queen Elizabeth national park but the boat cruise in queen Elizabeth national park will give you an adventure that is unmatched compared to other activities in queen Elizabeth national park. During your experience you can either choose to take part in the morning or the evening boat cruise which will give you rewarding experiences. During the game drives, you will get to see early risers in the park like the different herbivores quenching the thirst from the banks, you will get to see hippos taking dips in the water, you will get to see numerous water birds like the African King fisher White-breasted Cormorants, Pied Kingfishers, Osprey, Double-tooth Barbet, Yellow-bellied Waxbill, Familiar Chat, Brown-throated Wattle-eye and Spot-flanked Barbet.as that you will find memorable as they carry out their daily activities like catching fish which you will find quite memorable during your boat safaris in Uganda
The boat cruise on lake Bunyonyi
Lake Bunyonyi is known for being East Africa’s deepest lake which has attracted a number of tourists interested in boat safaris in Uganda to visit the lake and explore what it has to make their Uganda wildlife safaris quite rewarding. When you make your way to the lake you will get to be fascinated by the breath-taking views that can be seen like the different bird species because the lake is home to over 350 bird species making it one of the best spots for birding in Uganda. You will visit the akampene island with a lot of history, it is believed that in the Bakiga culture, when a young girl that was not married conceived instead of being a laughing stock for the family she was dropped off at the island without any food with the little baby and left there to die and if she was rescued by the suiter he would marry her off this was done to maintain the family’s reputation which was quite devastating for the girls cause the men were spared.
The boat cruise in Murchison falls national park
Among the boat safaris in Uganda, the boat cruise in Murchison falls national park will give you the most rewarding experience given the fact that the park is home to the most powerful falls, the Murchison falls that will be seen when you part in the top of the falls hike but the boat cruise will give you the most rewarding experience watching the falls. During the bottom of the falls boat cruise you will come across, you will get to see fascinating views of how birds construct nests in a raised cliff of land to avoid predators from feeding on them, you will get to see a school of hippos, elephants quenching their thirst, you will have the chance to see the crocodiles sun basking as they wait patiently for the prey, you will see baboons visiting the water sources to quench their thirst among other interesting features. During the sundowner’s boat cruise in the park you will have chance to see the sunset as you also watch the different animal species heading to their hiding spots for overnight stay after eating their first bite of the day as you enjoy the cool breeze.
Things to put in mind while participating in the boat safaris in Uganda
- Insect repellent should be carried to help you avoid a number of insect bites for instance during the bottom of the falls boat cruise in Murchison falls national park, you will come in contact with a number of tsetse flies whose bites can cause irritation therefore carry your insect repellent to avoid having a bad experience during your time in the park.
- Carry extra cash during your boat safaris in Uganda this is because there a number of refreshments you can buy on board to help you live the most memorable experience in watching the different wildlife as you sip on your wine and drinks that can be accessed on board.
- A camera should also be carried because of the different attractions that can be seen for instance the elephants quenching their thirst, the crocodiles sun-basking as they also await their prey to be, king fisher’s along the water sources hunting for their prey the fish which is quite fascinating and worthy to be captured for beautiful memories.
- Carry some lunch with you or a light snack because the boat rides can take up-to 3 hours in some destinations like Murchison falls national park a you make your way to the falls which can make you go hungry therefore pack some lunch to have a memorable experience despite the long time you might spend on board.
- Carry a jacket this is because at some point of your boat cruise you can feel cold especially during the morning boat cruise.