Rules and Regulations for Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda : Gorilla trekking in Rwanda will give you the chance to visit the endangered mountain gorillas in volcanoes national park that will be accessed when you hike the Virunga mountains in Rwanda. The park is a home to five Virunga mountains namely; mount gahinga, mount muhabura, mount Sabyinyo, mount Karisimbi and mount Bisoke which will give you the chance to access the habituated Rwanda gorilla families in the park which will give you the chance to understand a number of rewarding features in of the gorillas like the mountain gorilla life span where they can live up to 50 years, you will also get to understand the mountain gorilla reproduction where you will understand the gestation period of the gorillas, you will understand that gorillas can have sex at any time of the year and so on all to thrill while on Rwanda Tours.
While you spend one hour with the gorillas observing them, you will also get to see how the adult females in the group teach the infants life skills like grooming, how to collect fruit and food, you will also get to see the dominant male, the silverback whose duties are to protect the gorilla family from any external attacks, the male is also responsible for expanding the gorilla family where the male silverback is responsible for mating with the adult females in family among other interesting features if the primates in the wild. Before you take part in gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park, there are a number of rules and regulations to follow for gorilla trekking in Rwanda to ensure that you have an amazing experience in the park and also ensure that you have a safe gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda.
Rules and regulations to follow
When visiting Rwanda to take part in the gorilla trekking safaris in Rwanda, there are a number of rules and regulations you should follow that you will get to understand when you participate in the briefing session at the reception area in volcanoes national park which will help you avoid a of number accidents while participating in gorilla trekking in Rwanda.
- Avoid littering in the park while taking part in gorilla trekking to avoid accidents like gorillas choking on the items that are littered in the park which may be an issue to the growing numbers of gorillas and their sustainability in the park.
- Avoid taking pictures of the gorillas using flash mode this is because gorillas are photo sensitive which may lead them to attack you and because the gorillas are very strong primates that are 10 times the strength of a human, their attacks can be fatal.
- Avoid feeding the gorillas in the park when you get in contact with them this is to avoid spreading a number of viruses to the gorillas when you get in contact with them.
- With corona virus in the world, you are advised to keep your face mask on to avoid putting the gorillas at risk of contracting the virus which can be a threat to their sustainability for future generations.
- While in the presence of the gorillas even if an infant comes in the closest encounter with you, you should avoid petting them this is because the adults are super protective over them that they can do anything to protect their infants against any harm.
- You should keep a distance away from the gorillas and this is done to ensure that the gorillas are not disturbed in away as they carry out their different activities in the wild. You will also maintain a distance of about 7 meters away from the gorillas to avoid being in close contact with them which can lead them to attack you and also put them at risk of getting the virus.
For amazing gorilla trekking experiences in Africa, you can visit a number of destinations that will give you different experiences taking part in the gorilla trekking in Africa. Some of the best gorilla trekking destinations you can visit include; gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park, gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park for gorilla trekking in Uganda, for gorilla trekking in Congo you can take part in gorilla trekking in Virunga national park for the mountain gorillas, you will also get see Mount Nyiragongo during the activity. You can also participate in gorilla trekking in Kahuzi biega national park where you will get to understand more about the lowland gorillas in Congo for rewarding safaris in Africa.