Safari Guide To Akagera National Park : Akagera national park is famous for housing the big five animals in Rwanda which can be seen when travellers participate in the game drives in Akagera national park but in the safari, we shall help you understand the different expectations on your Akagera national park safari, the different activities that one can participate, the rules and regulations to follow while participating in the safaris in Akagera national park and many other rewarding features.
Activities in Akagera national park
You can either participate in the morning game drives or the nocturnal game drives which will help you understand more about the wildlife in the wild. While participating in the early morning game drives, you will get to watch the early risers in the wild catching their first bite of the day like the elephants, you will also get to watch a number of carnivores catching their prey in the wild during the nocturnal game drives which is quite fascinating to watch in the wild. A full day game drive in Akagera national park is 40USD minus the park entry fees and the nocturnal game drive at 40USD.
You can also participate in the boat cruise on Lake Ihema which will give you the most rewarding views in the wild for a memorable safari experience. among the different attractions that can be seen include the king fishers catching fish from the water source, you will also get to watch the endangered shoebill stork and many other rewarding attractions. You will also get to enjoy the cool breeze as you enjoy the boat rides for a memorable wildlife safari experience. the boat cruise is 45USD for travellers interested in participating in the activity.
You can also participate in birding in Akagera national park which will give you access to about 100 bird species for travellers interested in the birding in Rwanda. Among the different bird species that can be seen include; African Darter, African Wattled Lapwing, Blue-cheeked Bee-eater, Common Squacco Heron, African Fish Eagle, Pygmy Kingfisher, White-browed Coucal, Grey-capped Warbler Spur-winged Geese, Little Grebe, Common Moorhen, Hadada Ibis, White-faced Whistling Duck Black Crake, Hottentot Teal Black Egret, Cater Egret, and Black-headed Heron Crowned Lap wing, Eastern Grey Plantain-eater, Great Egret and many other rewarding attractions.
Hot air balloon safaris
Participate in the hot air balloon safaris in Akagera national park and get to watch a number of remarkable attractions in the wild from an aerial view and at the end of your safari flight you will be rewarded with a glass of champagne and a certificate of participation. Among the views that you will get to watch are the drainage features, a number of bird species flying, the herbivores grazing within the plains and many other rewarding attractions.
Rules and regulations for gorilla trekking
- Avoid hooting in the wild as you participate in the game drives in Akagera national park because this will trigger the species as a threat which can lead a number of wildlife species like the rhinos, elephants and many others to charge at you which can be fatal in some instances.
- You should avoid smoking in the wild especially during the dry season this is because the park comprises of grasslands that can easily catch fire and start a bush fire which can be a threat to the wildlife numbers in the wild.
- You should follow the lead of the guide at any given time in the wild to avoid any forms of accidents.
- You should also avoid leaving your vehicles during the game drives to avoid wild animal sneaking up on you.
- You should also avoid unnecessary movements and noise in the park which can attract a number of wild animals and this can attack you.