5 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari
5 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari: This is an ideal wildlife package for the wildlife lovers interested in the tree-climbing lions. Take on a 5 day safari to the western part of Uganda in search of the wildlife the Queen Elizabeth national park has to offer. Queen Elizabeth national park is one of the national parks of Uganda that boosts a variety of wildlife like the tree-climbing lions, elephants, buffaloes, hippos to mention but a few and a variety of birdlife.
The activities done on this safari gives you a chance to explore the beauty of this park.
Trip highlights of the 5 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari
- Game drive
- Boat cruise
- Lake Katwe visit
- Ishasha sector visit
- Tree climbing lions
Day 1: Leave Kampala for Queen Elizabeth national park
- 6 to 7 hour road transfer: By 8 am your driver will have gotten in touch and you will have exchanged pleasantries ready to set out on your 6 to 7 hour road transfer from Kampala to Queen Elizabeth national park. Queen Elizabeth national park is located in the south western part of Uganda in Kasese district. You will drive via Mbarara where you will stop for an enroute lunch and stretch. Continue on your journey and stop at the Equator for a photo moment and an experiential tour and connect further to enter the park before the gates close. You will check into your accommodation and refresh as you await dinner to get ready.
Hotel options in Queen Elizabeth national park
- Mweya Safari Lodge for luxury
- Park View safari lodge for midrange
- Engiri game lodge for budget
Day 2: Morning game drive with afternoon launch cruise
- Morning game drive: As early as 6 am, wake up for a quick breakfast and set out to the park to catch the early risers on the morning game drive. You will encounter a variety of wildlife like elephants, rhinos, buffaloes, lions, antelopes like the Impalas, waterbucks, and also see the warthogs among the few.
- Launch cruise on Kazinga channel: Take some time exploring the vast lands of the park and later return to your hotel to relax and wait for the sun to cool abit and connect to the Kazinga channel for the afternoon boat trip where you get to see the aquatic life of Queen Elizabeth national park like the crocodiles and the number of bird species and also watch the biggest number of hippos wallowing at the banks of the river. Get back to your hotel for dinner and a second night at the hotel.
Day 3: Lake Katwe visit and transfer to Ishasha sector
- Lake Katwe crater lake visit: Have breakfast at your hotel shortly before checking out of the hotel to connect to the Ishasha wildlife sector. You will leave the hotel and connect to Lake Katwe salt pans for a visit and be educated by the locals about the salt mining experience that happens on this Crater Lake. Drive further to connect to the Ishasha sector famously known for the tree-climbing lions. Arrive in time for lunch and spend the rest of the day enjoying the hotel until dinner is served and you spend your first night in this virgin land.
Accommodation options in the Ishasha sector
- Ishasha wilderness camp for luxury
- Ishasha jungle lodge for midrange
Day 4: Lion experience in the Ishasha sector
- Lion experience game drive: The lion experience as an activity will expect you to be up by 5 am to prepare for it. You drive for about 2 hours to meet the pride of tree climbing lions in the Ishasha sector. The Ishasha sector is wilder and less developed as compared to the Mweya peninsula. Enjoy the savannah lands and return to your hotel after the activity.
Spend the evening relaxing and dinner will be served and you will spend the second night in Ishasha.
Day 5: Return back to Kampala
- 7 to 8 hour road transfer: After your morning cup of coffee and accompaniments, connect with your driver-guide to drive back to Kampala to end the tour. You will drive for about 7 to 8 hours via Mubende with an enroute lunch and arrive back to Kampala in the evening hours. You will advise the driver guide where you would prefer to be dropped off.
End of safari
Quotation to include
- Fueled safari vehicle
- Intellectual driver guide
- Accommodation all nights on safari
- Activities as indicated on the itinerary
- Meals all trip (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Bottled water
Quotation to exclude
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Optional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal needs like airtime, laundry, and gratuities